In the event of an emergency out of office hours

If you suspect a gas or carbon monoxide leak, then please call the National Grid on 0800 111 999 immediately.  If you need to report any other emergency at one of our managed properties, outside of office hours, please call Maintracts services on 020 8682 2244

Our property management department office hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm.  

Please note, if the repair is not a genuine emergency and could have waited until our office reopens, you may be charged for using this service.   For any other issues please submit an online repair request  - or call us back during office hours on 020 6417 8054.

What to do in an emergency

Gas 50

Smell Gas

  • Open the doors and windows.
  • Check to see if any gas has been left on unlit, or the pilot light has gone out. If so, turn the appliance off, and do not try to relight it.
  • If you are uncertain whether the leak has been stopped, turn the main gas supply off at the meter and phone the gas emergency service immediately:
    National Grid 0800 111 999
  • Do not turn any electrical switches on or off.
  • Do not use the door bell.
  • Do not smoke, use matches or naked flames.

Icons8 fire 50 (1)


  • In case of fire dial 999.
  • Get everyone out and do not go back for any reason.
  • Do not be tempted to go upstairs to collect pets or any valuables.
  • Close all doors and windows.
  • Warn your neighbours if any of them might be in danger.
  • If you live in a block of flats set off the communal fire alarm.

Water 50

Bursting or Major Leaking Pipe

  • Turn the water off at the mains.
  • If electrics are affected, turn off the electricity at the consumer unit (see helpful tips).
  • Call your property manager immediately.
  • If the leak is from another property ie a flat above try to contact the other property or if not at home try and call the block management company. Details should be on a communal notice board in the hallway.

Electric 50

Loss of Electricity

  • If neighbours are also affected, call your electricity company (check your electricity bill for the number).
  • You can report the event to UK Power Networks.  Once registered and reported they will keep you up to date on when power should be restored.
  • Check your fuse box to see if a switch has tripped or a fuse blown (see helpful tips).
  • If none of the above apply and the problem persists, call your property manager.