Property Valuation Safety Guidelines
For Property Occupants and Owners
You will know that visiting properties is an inherent part of our business. For the majority of our contact with customers and clients we will make sure that as much as possible is conducted using digital tools and virtual meetings and viewings in the first instance but it is unlikely that a sale or let will be agreed without at least 1 visit to the property in question. Therefore we will arrange property visits when there is a strong interest in proceeding.
Whilst we want to continue to provide our usual high levels of personal service in the future, this cannot be delivered in a post-Covid 19 environment without some key changes to the way that we operate.
The main outcome is to ensure that we protect our colleagues and customers in equal measure.
Preventing Transmission Summary
We have reviewed our processes and made a number of changes to that way that we operate to ensure we keep colleagues and customers safe. If you feel that you are not able to meet any of these key points please let our team know as soon as possible. This guidance is for owners and occupiers who will be meeting our agents at a property.
- Prior to the appointment we will contact you to ensure that there have been no changes to anyone’s health or shielding status. We will not attend a property where someone is ‘extremely vulnerable’
- Only members of the same household can attend the appointment with our agent so if necessary any other people will be required to leave the property during the visit
- Social distancing rules MUST be observed at all times. Please consider whether younger children and pets should leave the property during the appointment
- If social distancing is difficult then the agent should be left alone in the property or face coverings worn. Please tell the agent if you would prefer a face covering to be worn during the meeting
- All lights should be switched on and doors opened and commonly touched surfaces must be cleaned in advance and after the appointment using domestic cleaning agents
- Suitable handwashing facilities should be available on arrival and departure (all agents will carry anti-bacterial gel if needed) with disposable towels to be provided
- Any discussions should be held outside ideally or in a well ventilated space but we will expect to hold detailed discussions on the phone of by video call
- All brochures and paperwork will be provided electronically
- Be aware that our agents may be dressed in smart-casual clothing which allows for regular laundering and hygiene control
- Please do not be offended if our agents refuse to shake hands or does not accept any refreshments
- Please advise us if there are any personal restrictions that will make adherence to the Government Covid-19 guidelines challenging
- If the agent suffers any injury or illness you must contact the relevant branch office and seek further guidance. If the incident is an emergency please call 999
- If you require a copy of the Covid Secure risk assessment we have completed please contact the branch