What is property management?
As the name would suggest, property management is when a third party such as an estate agency manages your rental property on your behalf. What this management involves can depend on both the needs of the landlord and what the agency has to offer.
Here at Lauristons, we know every landlord has a different reason for letting a property and different needs from a letting agent. That’s why we provide a range of flexible landlord services to meet your needs.
Our three service options are Let Only, Rent Collection and Fully Managed. While they have overlapping services, the three have different fee levels and varying amounts of involvement from the property management team.
At the Let Only service level, the Property Management team is partly involved in the pre-tenancy process related to marketing and contracts, but takes a step back during the actual tenancy.
Services offered as part of this level include:
- A free valuation and recommendations to maximise income
- Advertise your property on our website and major property portals including Rightmove and Zoopla
- Accompanied viewings
- Full tenant referencing
With Rent Collection the Property Management team is fully involved when finding a tenant and partially involved during the actual tenancy, but to a lesser extent than at the Fully Managed level.
As well as all of the services offered as part of Let Only, the Rent Collection level involves:
- Collecting rent on a monthly basis
- Rent arrears management
- Providing detailed HMRC compliant monthly statements
- Negotiating renewal at the end of fixed term and advise on annual rent increase
At the Fully Managed level and for a slightly higher fee the Property Management team is more involved in the letting process, especially during and at the end of a tenancy.
All of the services offered as part of Let Only and Rent Collect are included in Fully Managed, with the addition of things such as:
- Arrange and manage all repairs, maintenance and emergency work
- Regular property inspections including detailed report
- Annual gas safety check and boiler service
- Arrange an end of tenancy check out report and negotiate any issues which arise
For more information about our landlord services, please visit our service options page or contact our Property Management team.